Smile Makeover Questions
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover involves one or more dental procedures to give you a more attractive smile. Dr. Paul Peterson offers many treatments that can easily be combined to give you a fabulous smile. Consider these options:
- Tooth whitening
- Prepless veneers such as Lumineers®
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental crowns
- Dental implants
- Laser gum contouring
- Replacing silver fillings with white fillings
- Orthodontics, such as instant orthodontics, or conventional braces or Invisalign®
- Full mouth rehabilitation/reconstruction
What treatable characteristics make up a person’s smile?
There are many characteristics that make up the best smile for each person, and yours will be unique to you, your facial features and even your skin tone. Some of these characteristics include:
- Tooth coloring, shade consistency
- Fillings, visibility, discoloration
- Crowns, color, gum line exposure of metal
- Gums, shape, color, health
- Size, proportion of teeth
- Shape or length of teeth, including chips, broken teeth
- Teeth angle, spacing, alignment
- Smile line
- Missing teeth
- Lip, cheek fullness
What is a smile line?
If you drew a line along the lower edge of your upper teeth from one side of your mouth to the other this would be your smile line. Ideally, it should be a fairly smooth line that parallels your lower lip. A smile makeover could include reshaping your teeth to improve this aesthetic balance.